The authoritative resource for
excellence in architectural woodwork.
- Sustainable Forest Futures (SFF), a subsidiary of the Northern Forest Center, has announced a series of workshops in April and May on "Mass Customization for the Wood Products Industry". For more info, go here.
- The New Jersey Chapter of the AWI is hosting a seminar and dinner on the Principles of Lean Management on December 3rd, in Warren, NJ. The speaker, Michael Rothmeier, presented on a similar topic at the AWI National Convention last month. These principles are increasing important in the current economy; NEAWI itself hosted a seminar on this subject at the 2008 AWI National Convention in Providence, RI. For more on this offering of the NJAWI, go here.
- NEAWI is sponsoring a workshop, presented by four of our members, at the 25th Build Boston 2009 trade show, Seaport World Trade Center, Boston, November 18th—20th. The workshop, "Understanding and specifying wood veneers and factory finishing", conducted by Greg Porfido, Joe Galluzzo, Mike Sarno and Woody Vaugn, is on Thursday, November 18th, from 10:30am until noon.
- Stiles Machinery and AWI are sponsoring the Ligna Technology Tour, May 15-24, 2009, in Hanover, Germany.
- NEAWI members participated in the Woodwork Career Alliance of North America road map summit on their Skills Standards and Credentialing project.
- NEAWI announces their 2008 Woodworking Scholarship and Education Fund, which contributes to educational and scholarship activities in New England. It also supports the efforts of the national AWI. For more information on the Fund, see the Chapter News posting here.
The Fund brochure may be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format here or in Microsoft Word (DOC) format here.
- New England School of Architectural Woodworking Open House, April 3rd, 2008, Easthampton, MA.
NESAW teaches a life time skill in a 37 week architectural woodworking career training program. Instruction is practical, hands-on and realistic. Students learn basic and advanced woodworking skills, print reading and basic shop drawing skills, machinery operation, wood technology, basic finishing, tool and machine maintenance, safety procedures and shop operation.
For more information, see the Chapter News posting here.
- Forest and Wood Products Institute @ Mount Wachusett Community College
Training, Education and Assistance Programs
NEAWI is one of the co-sponsors of "Sanding Sense 2008". More info, contact and registration information here on our Chapter News, or here, at the FWP website.
Other upcoming Forest and Wood Products Institute programs include:
- 2008 Spray Finishing Technology Workshops with Steve Stalker: 3/18-20 & 8/5-7. $575
- 2008 OSHA-Construction 10 - Hour classes: 2/25, 2/27, 4/22, 4/23, 6/16, 6/18. LOWER PRICE $189
- 2008 OSHA-General Industry 10 - Hour classes: 3/25, 3/26, 5/30. Schools are registering now; Info on their website.
- 3 Credit Classes: WPT 110 Wood Structure & Properties, WPT 122 Wood Machining Technology, MET 105 Intro. to Blueprint Reading
- Woodwork Career Alliance of North America
- National Architectural Woodwork Institute
- AWI Professional Development
- Earn Cash Prizes for Recruiting New AWI Members!
- QSI Technical Bulletin